The votes are in and the HR department has finally finished tallying them…it’s time to announce the PhotoBoat.com best and worst list from 2008.
1. Best Regatta Party: Governor’s Cup, St. Mary’s College
The fact that we were staying in a college dorm helped lock in the number 1 position for this party.
2. Best Overall Weather: Opera House Cup, Nantucket
It doesn’t get much better than this, and Windcheck Magazine thought so as well…this photo made the cover.
3. Best Wind: American YC Spring Series, Week 1
Not just wind, but current-on-wind in an Easterly on LIS.
4. Best Digs During a Regatta: The “The Mount Gay Room” at the Screwpile
5. Best New Product: limited edition fine art photos
1. Longest day without wind: V15 Nationals, take 1
Hanging out alone in an 11′ dinghy for four hours is not as glamorous as it sounds.
2. Longest dinghy ride to event: Charleston Race Week
Newport to Bermuda was a close second with a max distance offshore of only 9 miles for Allen…
3. Most over-complicated logistical weekend: Annapolis – Rye, NY – Annapolis, May 2008
4. Biggest Carnage: American Spring Series, Week 1
5. Best storm sky: Screwpile, Solomons Island, MD
2008 was a great year on the water and we look forward to kicking off 2009’s adventures with Key West Race Week later this month.